Our online doctors have treated over 415,000 patients.
Can You Get Lotrel (Amlodipine & Benazepril) Online?
Yes, licensed medical doctors can prescribe Lotrel (Amlodipine & Benazepril) online after a medical evaluation.
You can speak with one of our online doctors to learn more about Lotrel. Book an online appointment with one of our top doctors using your phone or computer.
During your virtual visit, a physician will review your symptoms and medical history to provide a diagnosis. If the doctor determines that a patient would qualify for Lotrel, they can write a prescription and electronically send it to a nearby pharmacy for pickup.
What Is Lotrel (Amlodipine & Benazepril)?
Lotrel is the brand name for a medication that’s a combination of amlodipine (a calcium channel blocker that relaxes blood vessels and improves blood flow) and benazepril (an angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitor that widens blood vessels and prevents water retention). Lotrel is used to reduce blood pressure.
Visit with a doctor on your smartphone or computer.
Visit with a doctor on your smartphone or computer.
3. Pick up
We can send prescriptions to any local pharmacy or by mail.
How Does Lotrel Work?
Lotrel works by relaxing and widening blood vessels as well as reducing the amount of water that your body retains.
What Are the Associated Dosages and Treatments for Lotrel?
Always take Lotrel exactly the way your doctor instructs you to. The dosage may vary, but you will typically take one pill per day with or without food. Make sure you take Lotrel at about the same time every day.
What Are the Benefits of Lotrel?
Lotrel can lower blood pressure, which helps to reduce the likelihood of stroke or heart attack.
What Are the Side Effects of Lotrel?
Lotrel may cause side effects, including:
- Swelling in the hands or feet
- Rapid weight gain
- Severe skin rash
- Body aches, fever, sore throat, chills, or flu symptoms
- Fast/irregular/pounding heartbeat
- New or worse chest pain
- Anaphylaxis, a severe allergic reaction (rash, itching, hives, chest tightness, or swelling of the lips, tongue, face, or throat)
- Liver problems: nausea, unusual tiredness, flu-like symptoms, itching, dark urine, stomach pain (upper right side), jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes)
- Kidney problems :reduced urine output
- High potassium: nausea, irregular heartbeats, tingly feeling, chest pain, weakness, loss of movement
- Heart attack, chest/jaw/left arm pain, shortness of breath, unusual sweating
What Are the Considerations and Precautions of Lotrel?
The most important thing to know about Lotrel is that you should not take it if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant since it can cause birth defects. If you become pregnant while taking Lotrel, stop taking it immediately and contact your doctor.
What Are the Interactions for Lotrel?
Be sure to tell your doctor every medication, supplement, vitamin, or illegal drug you take, as some of these may cause potentially dangerous interactions with Lotrel. Especially tell your doctor if you take any of the following:
- Diuretics (water pills)
- Antifungal medicine itraconazole, ketoconazole
- Heart or blood pressure medication
- Antiviral medicine to treat HIV/AIDS indinavir, ritonavir, and others
- Gold injections to treat arthritis
- insulin or oral diabetes medicine
- Medicine to prevent organ transplant rejectionâcyclosporine, sirolimus, tacrolimus, everolimus, temsirolimus
- A shot for a bee sting allergy
- An antibiotic such as clarithromycin, telithromycin
- Zocor (simvastatin)
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), like Advil or Motrin (ibuprofen), Aleve (naproxen), aspirin, Celebrex (celecoxib), or others
What Are Other Lotrel Considerations?
Always disclose your full medical history with your doctor before starting a new medication. With Lotrel, be especially certain to mention if you:
- Are allergic to amlodipine or benazepril
- Recently took a heart medicine called sacubitril
- Are allergic to any other ACE inhibitor, such as captopril, Mavik, lisinopril, moexipril, benazepril, quinapril, enalapril, ramipril, Accupril, Prinivil, Vasotec
- Are on a low-salt diet
- Have congestive heart failure or heart disease
- Have kidney disease (or if you are on dialysis)
- Have liver disease
- Have high levels of potassium in your blood (hyperkalemia)
- Are pregnant or planning on becoming pregnant
- Have diabetes
- Have a connective tissue disease (like Marfan syndrome, Sjogrenâs syndrome, scleroderma, lupus, or rheumatoid arthritis)
- Have ever had angioedema (swelling under the skin surface thatâs sometimes caused by an allergic reaction)
Can You Buy Lotrel Online?
There are many scam websites that claim that you can buy Lotrel online and they will ship it to you. Federal law requires you to speak to a doctor before receiving any prescription medication, so any website that says you can skip that discussion is fraudulent.
The good news is that there is a safe, legal way to buy Lotrel online. There are some legitimate websites like PlushCare where you can have a virtual appointment with a doctor who can send a prescription to your pharmacy.
Just click here or call (888) 660-5348 to schedule an appointment to talk to one of our trusted doctors during a video or phone appointment. You’ll enter all your current medications and health issues into our proprietary software to help prevent medication errors, then discuss your concerns with an experienced doctor.
If the doctor decides that Lotrel is best for you, they can electronically send a prescription to your local pharmacy, where you can pick it up when it’s ready. It’s as easy as that to get a Lotrel prescription online!
Telehealth is not appropriate for serious conditions that require immediate attention or emergency care. If you experience any life-threatening issues, call 911 or go to an emergency room immediately.
Download our free mobile app
Get on-demand access to a doctor on your phone with the free PlushCare mobile app.