Can You Get an Indapamide Prescription Online?
If you want to get an indapamide prescription online, all you have to do is book an appointment with PlushCare. One of our top U.S. doctors can write or refill a prescription online and send it electronically to a pharmacy of your choice. Of course, your PlushCare doctor will evaluate your condition and determine whether or not an indapamide prescription is right for you before writing or refilling a prescription.
What is Indapamide?
Edema is common and can be caused by many things, such as sprains and bee stings. However, indapamide is only prescribed for edema that is associated with heart, liver, or kidney problems; or steroid and estrogen therapies.
Can you get a Lozol prescription online? Lozol is a brand-name indapamide, but Lozol was discontinued in the U.S., and you can no longer get a Lozol prescription.
How Does Indapamide Work?
Indapamide acts on tubules in the kidneys that absorb salts. Indapamide works by blocking the reabsorption of salts, thus decreasing salt retention, increasing urination, and reducing fluid retention.
The process is the same for the treatment of hypertension, but it is poorly understood how indapamide and other diuretics work for lowering blood pressure.
Indapamide Dosage and Treatment
Indapamide is taken as an oral tablet, once daily. Typical initial doses are:
- Edema: 2.5 mg per day. Indapamide is used with caution for patients with certain liver and kidney issues and dosages may be different.
- Hypertension: 1.25 mg per day. This may be increased to 5 mg per day. Another hypertension medication is added if 5 mg does not achieve the desired effect.
The maximum daily dose is 5 mg.
Benefits of Indapamide
Indapamide is effective in treating edema and hypertension, usually with minimal side-effects. Indapamide and other thiazide diuretics work better for treating edema than loop diuretics such as Demadex. However, indapamide and other thiazide diuretics do not work as well as loop diuretics for treating hypertension.
Side Effects of Indapamide
Severe allergic reactions to drugs are possible. Seek emergency care if you experience hives; rash; difficulty breathing, or swelling of the face, mouth, tongue, or throat. An allergy to indapamide is more likely if you are allergic to sulfa medications. Learn about allergy testing here.
Call your doctor and stop using indapamide if you experience any of the following side effects:
- Symptoms of dehydration (dry mouth or throat; extreme thirst; muscle pain, cramps or weakness; confusion; decreased urination; difficulties urinating; and other symptoms)
- Rash, particularly one that blisters or peels
- Rapid weight loss
- Eye pain or vision loss
Less severe and rare to common side effects include:
- Increased urination (desirable)
- Upset stomach (constipation, pain, diarrhea, or loss of appetite)
- Blurred vision
This is not a complete list of all side effects. If you experience any troublesome side effects not listed here, speak with your doctor.
Book on our free mobile app or website.
Our doctors operate in all 50 states and same day appointments are available every 15 minutes.
See a doctor, get treatment and a prescription at your local pharmacy.
Use your health insurance just like you normally would to see your doctor.
Considerations and Precautions of Indapamide
There are 766 drugs known to interact with indapamide, about 2% of these are severe. The most common or severe interactions happen with the following medications:
- NSAIDs (e.g. ibuprofen)
- Other hypertension medications
Indapamide may be dangerous for people with certain conditions. Be sure to tell your doctor if you have:
- High cholesterol
- Inability to urinate or difficulty urinating
- Electrolyte imbalance (low potassium)
- Liver disease
- Kidney disorders
- Thyroid issues
- Indapamide can cause an increase in sensitivity to the sun. It helps to avoid extensive sunlight exposure and to wear sunscreen, sunglasses, and protective clothing.
- Dizziness and lightheadedness are worst after standing. Avoiding alcohol and standing up slowly helps mitigate these side effects if they are present.
- You should consult with your doctor before adding high potassium foods or potassium supplements to your diet. Indapamide can also have an interaction with low-salt diets.
- Regular monitoring of mental status is typical for patients with a liver impairment who are taking indapamide.
- Pregnancy: indapamide is unlikely to harm an unborn baby, but it does pass into breast milk. Talk with a doctor before using this medication if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Can You Buy an Indapamide Prescription Online?
Many prescription medications, including indapamide, can be prescribed online. However, there are many scam-pharmacies online that will rob you or worse – damage your health.
Fortunately, there are reputable sites like PlushCare where you can talk to a doctor through an online appointment. If your doctor decides indapamide is appropriate for you, they can write or refill a prescription online and help you choose a trustworthy online pharmacy.
The FDA has a guide for choosing an online pharmacy. Indapamide should be approximately $0.35 per tablet. If you find it substantially cheaper than that, it may be fake.
Click here to talk to a doctor about getting an indapamide prescription online.
PlushCare takes content accuracy seriously so we can be your trusted source of medical information. Most articles are reviewed by M.D.s, Ph.D.s, NPs, or NDs. Click here to meet the healthcare professionals behind the blog.