Can you get a Tradjenta Prescription Online?
Click here to set up an online appointment with one of our PlushCare doctors to see if Tradjenta is right for your health needs. Or, continue reading to find out more about Tradjenta and how it may help you.
What is Tradjenta
Tradjenta is a pill to help control your blood sugar levels. It should be used in combination with exercise and proper dieting for best results. Tradjenta is designed to help you produce more insulin so as to better absorb the glucose from your bloodstream into your cells.
How does Tradjenta work?
Insulin is released by the pancreas following a meal to increase the adsorption of glucose from your food so it can used by your organs and tissues. However, in those with diabetes, insulin is not successfully released, leading to high blood sugar levels which can pose a risk to your health.
Tradjenta is in a class of drugs called dipeptidyl peptidase-4 (DPP-4) inhibitors. These inhibitors communicate with your pancreas and stimulate it to produce more insulin. They also slow your liver’s production of glucose.
Tradjenta dosage and treatment
The recommended starting dose for Tradjenta is a 5 mg pill once daily. These can be taken with or without food.
If you are taking Tradjenta with other forms of insulin, your dosage of either drug may be lowered to avoid hypoglycemia (low blood sugar)
Benefits of Tradjenta
Regulating your blood sugar levels is critical to living a healthy life. Tradjenta should be used with dieting and exercise to produce the best results.
Tradjenta works to help you regain control over high blood sugar levels, and can prevent you from suffering the many consequences of diabetes. This include damage in your heart and blood vessels, as well as stroke, kidney failure, and blindness.
Side Effects of Tradjenta
Common side effects include,
- Runny or stuffy nose
- Sore throat
Tell your doctor if any of these common side effects persist or are severe.
Stop taking Tradjenta and contact your doctor if you display any signs of more serious side effects. Some may require immediate medical attention including,
- Signs of an allergic reactions such as difficulty breathing, hives, or swelling of the face lips, tongue or throat
- Signs of pancreatitis like severe pain in the stomach or abdomen, nausea and vomiting, loss of appetite, or irregular heartbeat
- Signs of heart failure such as unnatural shortness of breath, swelling in your legs or feet, or rapid weight gain
- Severe joint pain
- Signs of high blood sugar such as dizziness, dry mouth, dry skin, nausea, stomach pain, increased hunger or thirst, increased urination
- Signs of low blood sugar (hypoglycemia) such as feeling anxious, confused, dizzy, increased hunger, unusually weak or tired, sweating, shakiness, cold, irritable, headache, blurred vision, fast heartbeat, loss of consciousness
Book on our free mobile app or website.
Our doctors operate in all 50 states and same day appointments are available every 15 minutes.
See a doctor, get treatment and a prescription at your local pharmacy.
Use your health insurance just like you normally would to see your doctor.
Considerations and precautions of Tradjenta
Set up an appointment online with one our trusted doctors to find out if Tradjenta is right for your medical needs. Always tell your doctor your complete medical history and any other medications you may be currently taking.
- aspirin low strength
- furosemide (Lasix, Diaqua-2, Lo-Aqua)
- glimepiride (Amaryl)
- glipizide (Glucotrol, Glucotrol XL, GlipiZIDE XL)
- Invokana (canagliflozin)
- Lantus (insulin glargine)
- levothyroxine (Synthroid, Levoxyl, Tirosint, Eltroxin, Levothroid, Levothyrox, Euthyrox, Unithroid, Levo-T, Oroxine, L Thyroxine Roche, Eutroxsig, Novothyrox, Tirosint-Sol, Levotabs, Levotec, Evotrox)
- lisinopril (Zestril, Prinivil, Qbrelis)
Beta-blockers may also interact with Tradjenta. These include,
Alcohol should be avoided while taking Tradjenta.
Who should not take Tradjenta?
Do not take Tradjenta if you are allergic to any ingredients in the drug.
Before starting Tradjenta tell your doctor if you,
- Have current or past kidney problems
- Are pregnant or planning to become pregnant
Can you buy Tradjenta online?
The law requires the consultation of a doctor to purchase a prescription drug. Fortunately with PlushCare you can make an online appointment with a trusted healthcare professional who will help determine if Tradjenta (or a different prescription drug) is right for you. Either over the phone or video chat, a doctor will help find the right treatment for you, and can electronically send your prescription the pharmacy of your choice.
Getting started with PlushCare is simple. Click here to make an appointment with one of our doctors and get a Tradjenta prescription online.
PlushCare takes content accuracy seriously so we can be your trusted source of medical information. Most articles are reviewed by M.D.s, Ph.D.s, NPs, or NDs. Click here to meet the healthcare professionals behind the blog.