Can You Get a Mavik Prescription Online?
What is Mavik and how does it work? What are its side effects? Can you buy Mavik online? From treating high blood pressure to improving your cardiac health after a heart attack, read below to find out if Mavik is right for you.
What is Mavik
Mavik is a prescribed drug used to treat high blood pressure in order to prevent strokes, heart attacks and kidney problems. It can also be taken to aid recovery after a heart attack.
According the American Heart Association, more than 80 million Americans, age 20 and older have high blood pressure. That means one in three American adults are at risk of developing hypertension (high blood pressure) and the numerous complications the come as a result of high blood pressure.
How Does Mavik Work?
Mavik is an angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitor which slows the release of enzymes responsible for narrowing your blood vessels. As your blood vessels relax, circulation improves which allows for your heart to pump more efficiently.
Mavik Dosage and Treatment
For treatment of high blood pressure, a typical dose includes an oral pill either once or twice daily. The recommended starting dose is 1 mg daily, with an increase in dose every 2 to 4 weeks until blood pressure is controlled. It is important to always follow your doctor’s instructions regarding an individual dosage and treatment plan.
For recovery after a heart attack, the recommended starting dose is 1 mg daily starting no sooner than the third day after a heart attack. The dosage may increase more rapidly following a heart attack, and patients should always ask their doctor if Mavik is right for them and in what dosage.
Mavik may be taken with or without food.
Benefits of Mavik
Mavik relieves hypertension in your body’s blood vessels. This reduces your blood pressure, and in turn allows your heart to pump with more ease. As a result, Mavik lowers your chances of heart attack, stroke and kidney problems.
Side Effects of Mavik
Side effects of Mavik range from mild to serious. Some may occur as your body initially adjusts to the medication including:
- Dry cough
To reduce the risk of dizziness or lightheadedness, stand up slowly when taking Mavik. Many people do not experience side effects when taking Mavik however, it is important to know the signs and tell you doctor if mild side effects persist.
It is necessary to tell your doctor right away if you have any serious side effects from taking Mavik such as:
- Notable changes in the amount of urine produced which can be a sign of kidney complications
- Nausea or vomiting which can be a sign of liver damage
- Muscle weakness
- Irregular heartbeat
- Stomach or abdominal pain
- Yellowing of eyes or skin
- Loss of appetite
- Increased potassium levels
- A serious allergic reaction to Mavik is rare, but possible. Seek medical help right away if symptoms of an allergic reaction arise such as a rash, itching, or swelling of the face tongue or throat.
Considerations and Precautions of Mavik
Mavik is safe, but isn’t right for everyone. Always tell your doctor your complete medical history before taking Mavik.
Drug interactions change how any medication works and increase the risk of serious complications. Some medications that may interact with Mavik include,
- Gold injections
- Certain drugs that weaken the immune system or increase the risk of infection (such as everolimus, sirolimus)
- Drugs that may increase the level of potassium in the blood
- Drugs found in injections for bee/wasp sting allergies
Who Should NOT Take Mavik?
Do not take Mavik if you,
- Are allergic to Mavik/trandolapril or any ingredients in the medication
- Are allergic to any other ACE inhibitor
- Are pregnant or plan to become pregnant
- Are breast-feeding
- Have been diagnosed with hereditary angioedema
- Have diabetes or kidney disease and are taking aliskiren
- Have any condition that makes you intolerant to lactose
- Have had angioedema (a serious allergic reaction which causes the area around the throat and tongue to swell) after taking any other ACE inhibitors
Can You Buy Mavik Online?
American law requires everybody to talk to a doctor before receiving prescription medication. Be wary of sites offering any medication without the consultation of a doctor.
With PlushCare, you can skip an inconvenient trip to your doctor’s office. Our licensed doctors will provide you care and treatment either on the phone or over a video chat. If your doctor determines that Mavik (or a different prescription medication) is right for you, they can electronically send a prescription to your local pharmacy.
Getting started with PlushCare is easy. Just click here to make an appointment with one of our trusted doctors and get prescribed Mavik online today.
PlushCare takes content accuracy seriously so we can be your trusted source of medical information. Most articles are reviewed by M.D.s, Ph.D.s, NPs, or NDs. Click here to meet the healthcare professionals behind the blog.