Our online doctors have treated over 415,000 patients.
Can You Get Lipitor (Atorvastatin) Online?
Yes, licensed medical doctors can prescribe Lipitor (Atorvastatin) online after a medical evaluation.
You can speak with one of our online doctors to learn more about Lipitor. Book an online appointment with one of our top doctors using your phone or computer.
During your virtual visit, a physician will review your symptoms and medical history to provide a diagnosis. If the doctor determines that a patient would qualify for Lipitor, they can write a prescription and electronically send it to a nearby pharmacy for pickup.
What Is Lipitor (Atorvastatin)?
The brand name of atorvastatin, Lipitor is a statin medication that’s used to lower cholesterol and triglycerides in the blood. In addition to reducing the levels of “bad” LDL cholesterol in your blood, Lipitor can also increase the levels of “good” HDL cholesterol in your blood.
Combined with a healthy diet, weight loss if needed, and physical activity, these effects can help reduce the incidence of stroke, heart disease, and other heart-related conditions, especially in people with other risk factors like type 2 diabetes, smoking, or coronary artery disease.
Visit with a doctor on your smartphone or computer.
Visit with a doctor on your smartphone or computer.
3. Pick up
We can send prescriptions to any local pharmacy or by mail.
How Does Lipitor Work?
Along with diet and exercise, Lipitor works by slowing cholesterol production in the body to decrease how much cholesterol may build up on the walls of the arteries and block blood flow to the brain, heart, and other parts of the body.
What Are the Associated Dosages and Treatments for Lipitor?
Always use Lipitor as prescribed by your doctor. The average dose is 10-20 mg, but dosages can run as high as 80 mg per day. Lipitor is usually taken once a day, with or without food.
What Are the Benefits of Lipitor?
Lipitor lowers your levels of “bad” LDL cholesterol and triglycerides while increasing your levels of “good” HDL cholesterol. This combination helps reduce your risk of stroke, heart attack, and other heart problems.
What Are the Side Effects of Lipitor?
As with all medications, Lipitor carries the risk of potentially serious side effects and allergic reactions. Your doctor will only prescribe Lipitor for you if they feel the potential benefits outweigh the potential risks. Side effects of Lipitor may include:
- Joint pain
- Stuffy nose
- Sore throat
- Loss of appetite/weight loss
- Dark urine
- Decreased urine
- Upper stomach pain
- Clay-colored stools
- Jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes)
- Muscle pain, weakness, or tenderness
- Unusual tiredness
- Shortness of breath
- Increased thirst and urination and/or hunger/weight gain
- Fruity breath odor, dry mouth
- Blurred vision
- Dry skin
- Memory problems, confusion, or other cognitive issues
- Swelling of the feet or ankles
This list of side effects is not complete. Call your doctor or pharmacist if you notice side effects that concern you, especially unexplained muscle pain, tenderness, or weakness. Seek emergency care if you experience symptoms consistent with an allergic reaction to Lipitor.
What Are the Considerations and Precautions of Lipitor?
Lipitor is not right for everybody, and some considerations must be taken into account to keep you safe when taking it. Always tell your doctor about all medications you take, including over-the-counter medications, as well as any medical condition you may have.
What Are the Interactions for Lipitor?
Lipitor can have negative reactions with not just certain drugs, but other things as well. Lipitor interactions include:
- Alcohol. Lipitor may cause liver damage, and drinking alcohol while on Lipitor increases the odds of liver damage occurring.
- Grapefruit and grapefruit juice can cause the Lipitor levels in your blood to rise to dangerous levels. Avoid grapefruit and grapefruit juice while taking Lipitor.
- Other cholesterol-lowering medications
- Antibiotics like clarithromycin (Biaxin) or erythromycin (E.E.S., EryPed, Ery-Tab, Erythrocin, Pediazole)
- Antifungal medicines like itraconazole (Sporanox), ketoconazole (Nizoral), fluconazole (Diflucan), or voriconazole (Vfend)
- Diltiazem (Cardizem, Cartia, Dilacor, Diltia, Diltzac, Taztia, Tiazac)
- Drugs that weaken your immune system, such as steroids, cancer medicine, or medicines used to prevent organ transplant rejection, such as cyclosporine (Gengraf, Neoral, Sandimmune), sirolimus (Rapamune), or tacrolimus (Prograf)
- Gemfibrozil (Lopid), fenofibric acid (Fibricor, Trilipix), or fenofibrate (Antara, Fenoglide, Lipofen, Lofibra, Tricor, Triglide)
- HIV medications such as darunavir (Prexista), ritonavir (Norvir), lopinavir/ritonavir (Kaletra), nelfinavir (Viracept), fosamprenavir (Lexiva), saquinavir (Invirase), or tipranavir (Aptivus)
- Medicines that contain niacin (Advicor, Niaspan, Niacor, Simcor, Slo-Niacin, and others)
- Oral contraceptives
- Telaprevir (Incivek)
What Are Other Lipitor Considerations?
Not everybody should take Lipitor. Lipitor can cause birth defects, so it should not be taken by anybody who is pregnant, breastfeeding, or planning on becoming pregnant. Women should also take care to avoid becoming pregnant while taking Lipitor.
Tell your doctor before using Lipitor if you have kidney, thyroid, or liver disease or if you consume more than 2 alcoholic drinks per day.
Can You Buy Lipitor Online?
Some websites may claim that they can ship you Lipitor directly to your door without speaking to a doctor first. These websites are fraudulent, and you should not trust any product they ship you. By law, you must speak to a doctor before getting prescription medications like Lipitor.
Luckily, there is still a way that you can buy Lipitor online. With PlushCare, you can have a video or phone appointment with one of our experienced doctors. If they believe you would benefit from Lipitor, they can electronically send a prescription to your local pharmacy, where you will pick it up once it’s ready.
All you have to do is make an online appointment with one of our trusted doctors. You will input all of your current medications, allergies, and medical conditions into our proprietary software, which will help your doctor determine if there are any problems with your current treatment plan. This reduces the chances of a medical error causing a dangerous drug interaction.
Make an appointment today to speak with a doctor about getting Lipitor online.
Telehealth is not appropriate for serious conditions that require immediate attention or emergency care. If you experience any life-threatening issues, call 911 or go to an emergency room immediately.
Download our free mobile app
Get on-demand access to a doctor on your phone with the free PlushCare mobile app.