Can I Talk to a Doctor Online?
Yes, you can speak to a doctor online. Our world-class doctors can answer your medical questions, make a professional diagnosis and prescribe medications by phone or computer.
Can I Talk to a Doctor Over the Phone?
Wondering if you can get a prescription over the phone? Yes, you can talk to a doctor over the phone or with your computer. In some states a video appointment is required. An online doctor may be able to diagnose your condition and prescribe medication over the phone. To book a phone appointment call 888-564-4454.
Is There a Way to Get a Prescription Online?
Yes, you can get a prescription online after consulting with an online doctor. The average online appointment at PlushCare lasts 15 minutes. Our doctors can write prescriptions and prescription refills for all non controlled substances. Some common prescriptions our doctors write are for antibiotics, antiviral medication, and antidepressants, to name a few.
Benefits of Speaking to an Online Doctor
- Some people have questions and want a professional opinion instead of relying on answers from places like Quora or Yahoo answers. Our online doctors spend a lot of time answering questions. It’s an important part of making a professional diagnosis.
- Speaking to an online doctor eliminates the need to sit in a waiting room for hours so you can see the provider for a few minutes. By talking to an online doctor, you get instant access to someone with medical experience, without the long wait times.
- Working with an online doctor is much more convenient and private. Working with an online doctor gives you personalized one-on-one access.
- Online doctors typically have a lower overhead than offline doctors. Offline doctors have to pay the staff and for the building the practice is located in. Working with an online doctor eliminates a lot of this overhead so that the savings get passed on to you. PlushCare appointments are $99 without insurance and with insurance, most appointments cost less than $30.
Appointments are available every 15 minutes. Book an appointment now.
How Credible Are Online Doctors?
The only difference between speaking to a doctor online and speaking to one offline is the mode of communication. Other than that, online doctors are required to have the same credentials as any other doctor.
PlushCare doctors are trained at the top 50 U.S. medical institutions and average 12 years of clinical experience.
Our world-class doctors work with patients both online and offline. They frequently diagnose and prescribe medications for people with everything from headaches, to flu symptoms, to urinary tract infections, to STDs and dozens of other conditions, from the simple to the complex.
How can I see a doctor online?
If you’re ready to speak to an online doctor, book an appointment with PlushCare now. You can talk to our doctors about getting diagnosed, prescribed, and treated, as well as have all your questions answered.
If you’ve already talked to an online doctor and simply want to get a second opinion, we can help with that too. Remember, our doctors can communicate with you via laptop, phone or mobile app and are available for appointments every 15 minutes.
24 Hour Doctor Online
If you’re looking for a 24-hour doctor online, you’re going to be glad you found us. If you’re ready to talk to a doctor right now, call PlushCare (888 519 8918). Our doctors are available right away and can work with you via laptop, phone or mobile application. While no service (to our knowledge) offers 24 hour doctors online, PlushCare doctors are on call ~15 hours per day this means you can usually book a same day appointment and receive treatment right away.
Can I Trust an Online Doctor?
Online doctors are no different than offline doctors. The only difference is how you communicate with them. They are required to have the same education and credentials. Many of them work with patients in person as well as over the internet. 95%+ of our physicians worked in traditional medical clinics before practicing telemedicine.
Our world-class doctors have plenty of experience working with patients online and offline. People love our doctors because the consultations are private, convenient and typically less expensive than working with an offline doctor.
How Can an Online Doctor Diagnose?
This is a good question. It’s said that 70%-90% of the diagnosis is in the doctor-patient questions and answers.
Our web doctors diagnose and prescribe medications all the time for everything from simple migraines, to flu symptoms, to the bladder and urinary tract infections and even STDs. If you’re pregnant and just have a quick emergency question or concern, our web doctors can help with that too.
If your online doctor needs access to your medical history, we can have that arranged as well. Basically, anything that can be done by an offline doctor can usually be done by an online doctor. An exception is lab work which our doctors can order and send to a laboratory facility in your location.
How Does Online Diagnosis Work?
A good doctor can diagnose a variety of minor conditions simply by asking the right questions. Again, many say that up to 90% of proper diagnosis is in the communication between the doctor and patient. Of course, not all conditions can be diagnosed and treated without lab work. PlushCare is able to order lab testing in your local area if necessary.
What Can an Online Doctor Treat?
Our patients call us for all kinds of reasons. We get calls from people who need prescriptions and prescription refills. We also get calls from pregnant women who have a quick and urgent question for a doctor, sparing them a trip to the ER.
These are some of our most common conditions handled by speaking to an online doctor:
Primary Care Conditions:
- High Blood pressure
- High cholesterol
- Diabetes (type II controlled and type II uncontrolled)
- Erectile dysfunction
- Mental Health conditions (anxiety and depression)
- Thyroid disorders (hypothyroidism and hyperthyroidism)
- Birth control
- HIV (PrEP)
- Hair loss
- Back pain
Urgent Care (non-emergency) Conditions:
- Migraines and headaches
- HIV post-exposure prophylaxis (PEP)
- Sore throat and strep throat
- Yeast infections
- Urinary tract infections
- Male urethritis
- Respiratory tract infections (colds, flu, bronchitis, pneumonia, and sinus infections)
- Pink eye
- Ear infections, ear pain, and swimmer’s ear
- Stomach issues (e.g. diarrhea)
- Rashes (e.g. cellulitis)
- Dental infection
Online Doctors cannot currently prescribe controlled substances, including:
- Medicinal marijuana
- Antipsychotic medications such as Zyprexa, Risperdol
- Stimulants, including Adderall and Ritalin
- Narcotics, like morphine, oxycodone, and Vicodin
- Sedatives and sleep aids, including Xanax, Ambien, Ativan, and Lunesta
Speak to the Best Online Doctors Right Now
How can our online doctors help you? If you haven’t managed to find the answer to your question on our blog, book an appointment with PlushCare now.