Can You Get a Neurontin Prescription Online?
Are you wondering whether Neurontin is the right medication for you? If you have shingles pain or seizures, Neurontin may help you out and thanks to modern technology you can get a Neurontin prescription online.
Let’s talk about how you can get a Neurontin prescription online as well as what it is, what it does and what side effects or complications you could experience.
How Can You Get a Neurontin Prescription Online?
If you’re interested in getting a Neurontin prescription online, our experienced doctors are waiting to discuss your medical history, and symptoms with you and talk about whether Neurontin is right for you.
Just click here or call (800) 221-5140 to make an appointment with one of our doctors. Same day appointments are typically available so there’s no need to wait.
During your phone or video appointment, a real doctor will talk with you about your medical condition and current medications to decide if Neurontin is appropriate for you. If they decide that you would benefit from Neurontin, they will send an electronic prescription for it to your local pharmacy. You can then pick up the Neurontin from the pharmacy once the prescription has been filled without having to go through the hassle of spending hours at a doctor’s office first.
It’s best to come to your appointment prepared, read on to learn more about Neurontin.
What is Neurontin, and What Does it Treat?
Neurontin is one of the brand names for gabapentin, a medication that helps control and prevent seizures. Gabapentin is also available under other brand names, which may have alternative uses, so be sure to ask your doctor whether Neurontin is the best form of gabapentin for your needs.
Gabapentin is known as an antiepileptic or anticonvulsant drug and is used to prevent and control seizures and manage nerve pain caused by shingles (the painful rash that results from the herpes zoster virus).
Neurontin is safe for adults and children over the age of 3 years old.
Neurontin is available as a capsule, tablet, or liquid oral solution and can be taken with or without food. Dosages will vary depending on the reason Neurontin is being taken, kidney function, and the effectiveness on the patient. Dosages may be as low as 100 mg per day and as low as 3600 mg per day, although the most common dosages are in the middle of that range.
Always take Neurontin exactly as instructed by your doctor. Failing to do so can cause an increased risk of side effects, including increased seizures.
Side Effects of Neurontin
While Neurontin is generally considered a safe medication, there is some risk of side effects, including:
- Swollen glands
- Flu-like symptoms
- Unusual bruising
- Muscle aches
- Yellowing of the eyes or skin
- Trouble sleeping
- Mood changes
- Panic attacks
- Anaphylaxis (a serious reaction that makes airways close up)
- Trouble with muscle movement or balance
- Rapid eye movement
- Kidney problems
- Increased seizures
- Trouble concentrating
- Memory problems
- Swelling of the feet or hands
- Eye problems
Neurontin may cause thoughts of suicide. Tell your doctor immediately if you have any changes in mood while taking Neurontin. Your doctor should check your mood along with your other progress every time you go in for a checkup.
Complicating Medical Problems
Neurontin may cause complications in people with certain medical problems. Be sure to tell your doctor whether you’ve ever experienced any of the following:
- Depression, suicidal actions or thoughts, or another mood disorder
- Heart disease
- Liver disease
- Kidney disease (especially if you’re on dialysis)
- A seizure
Neurontin Drug Interactions
Neurontin has few drug interactions and it should not be taken with:
- Other medications that contain gabapentin
Taking Neurontin with the following medications may cause reduced effectiveness or increased drowsiness:
- Narcotic pain relievers (like morphine, hydrocodone, codeine)
- Antihistamines (like cetirizine, loratadine diphenhydramine)
- Muscle relaxants
- Drugs for sleep or anxiety (like diazepam, alprazolam, zolpidem)
Can You Buy a Neurontin Prescription Online?
Don’t trust any website that claims they will send Neurontin straight to your door. Talking to a doctor is required before getting any prescription medication, including Neurontin.
Luckily, there is still a way you can buy a Neurontin prescription online. There are several websites, including PlushCare, where you can have an online video or phone appointment with a doctor, who can send a prescription for Neurontin to your pharmacy if they agree that the medication is a good fit for you.
Read More About Neurontin Prescription Online
- Can An Online Doctor Write A Prescription
- How Do Web Doctor Visits Work?
- Benefits Of An Online Doctor Consultation
- WebMD. (nd). Neurontin Capsule. https://www.webmd.com/drugs/2/drug-9845-8217/neurontin-oral/gabapentin-oral/details
- Mayo Clinic. (2019). Neurontin side effects: How do I manage them? https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/epilepsy/expert-answers/neurontin-side-effects/faq-20057893
- MedicineNet. (nd). Gabapentin (Neurontin). https://www.medicinenet.com/gabapentin/article.htm#what_is_gabapentin_neurontin_and_how_does_it_work_mechanism_of_action